Welcome to Life’s a Faire’s first annual Cake Off!
When discussing Life’s a Faire’s birthday month on an episode of Faire Life, cake inevitably came up.
After discussion during the show about the best kinds of cakes and who would be the best baker or
decorator, we decided to turn this into a fun competition with all of you!
So what is the Cake Off? Ultimately, it’s a cake decorating competition. But we also want you to actually
bake the cake. We know we can’t taste it right now, but we’re sure there’s people in your life who would
love a cake right now. So, to celebrate our birthday month, let’s bake some cakes!
All entries must be composed of real cake and must be edible. Dummies are not allowed. Decorations
must be 100% edible, but the use of columns, supports, wires, and stamens is allowed.
Cake, cupcakes, cake pops, and cheesecake are all allowed. There are no size or style limitations. Sugar
media and technique may be used.
Cake must be made by the person who is entering it into the Cake Off.
Multiple entries from an individual are allowed.
All submissions will be judged by the Life’s a Faire staff, with the exception of submissions from Life’s a
Faire Staff Members, which shall be judged by the public. (For information about judging our staff
submissions, please watch our Facebook and Instagram channels.)
Cakes may be submitted for consideration in the following categories:
- Best Faire Themed. Cakes in this category will be decorated with the theme of Renaissance
- Most Tasty Sounding. Let us know what type of cake and frosting it is and our staff will judge
whether or not we want to eat it (spoiler alert: we probably do).
- Best Historical Cake. These are recipes that are from the year 1900 and earlier. There is no limit
on how early in human history. Please include the time period of your recipe and any
interesting facts about the cake such as what culture it is from or how you learned how to make
- Best Train Wreck. We aren’t all pastry artists, but some of us can fail rather spectacularly. We
want to see those cakes too!
- Other. Got a cake that doesn’t really fit in any of the other categories but is still pretty cool? It
The Life’s a Faire Staff will choose the overall winner, the winners of each category, and each staff
member will choose their personal favorite as well. And, since its our birthday and we can do it, there’s
a decent likelihood that we will also create some categories as we judge entries.
How to Enter:
There is no fee associated with participation.
Entries must be submitted no later than midnight EST on Friday, March 26, 2021.
To submit your entry you must post a photo of your cake on Instagram or Facebook. The post must be
public and must use the hashtags #LifesaFaireBirthday and #CakeOff2021. Please include what
categories you would like to be considered for in your post and any necessary information related to
that category as stated above.
You must agree to the photo submission guidelines as stated below.
Photo Submission Guidelines:
Photo Submission Agreement Terms and Conditions
∞PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING ANY IMAGES OR PHOTOGRAPHS ∞
- The photograph, image or material that I am submitting (“Submission” or “photograph” or “image”) is
my original work and I currently hold all rights to it.
- I am at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- To the best of my knowledge, my Submission does not infringe or violate any trademark, copyright or
privacy rights of any third party. I acknowledge that I have secured all required releases, consents and
permissions from any individuals appearing in the Submission.
- I grant Life’s a Faire a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to modify, reproduce,
publish, distribute, transmit, display, license , annotate, archive, backup or otherwise use the
Submission in whole or in part in any media without any limitation or restriction.
- I grant the right to attach wording to the Submission as Life’s a Faire sees fit, including my name (to
provide photo credit) if elected in the option below, and/or my initials or first name and last initial; the
city, state, and/or country where I live; the geographic location of the photograph; and general
information about the photograph.
- I understand and acknowledge that submitting a photograph or image to Life’s a Faire does not
guarantee acceptance, use or publication of the photograph or image and that Life’s a Faire in its sole
discretion will decide which photographs or images it uses and the manner in which those photographs
or images will be used. Further, I agree that my Submission(s) will be made available on Life’s a Faire’s
website, Facebook page, and to the general public under the license I am granting with its submission
and that its use can be discontinued in the sole discretion of Life’s a Faire at any time without notice to me.
- I understand that the purpose of Life’s a Faire Cake Off is to promote Life’s a Faire and thereby
enhance its growth and financial wellbeing. I represent that my Submission(s) is/are consistent with this
mission and is/are free of charge to Life’s a Faire.
- I represent that any persons (adult or minor) whose images are in my Submissions (collectively, the
“Subjects”) are aware of and agree to this submission(s) and to these terms of this Agreement. I further
represent that the Subjects have given me their express consent to include their image in my Submission
free of any claim or expectation of compensation. If any animals have been included in any of my
Submissions, I affirm that the owners of these animals have given me their express consent to include
the image of their animal in my Submission free of any claim or expectation of compensation.
- I acknowledge that I am entitled to no compensation in connection with this Agreement and any
photographs, images or other materials I submit. I waive any and all claims I may have against Life’s a
Faire for any remuneration for any submissions I may make to the Life’s a Faire Cake Competition
regardless of how or whether such images or photographs are used.
- I understand and agree that Life’s a Faire has no liability for any unauthorized use of the Submission
by third parties. Life’s a Faire, for its part, will not authorize any third party use of the Submission.
- To the extent permitted under applicable state law, I agree to hold harmless and indemnify Life’s a
Faire in the event that any third party makes claim against Life’s a Faire for its use of my Submissions.
- I also agree that if a provision of this Agreement is or becomes invalid or unenforceable, that fact or
finding shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the provisions of this
- I have read this Photo Submission Agreement, understand its content and agree to its terms.
General Information: We ask for the information to verify your identity and ensure the photo(s) you are
submitting to Life’s a Faire Cake Off are legitimate. If we caption your submission, we will only note your
first name and last initial to protect your identity. Furthermore, we will not sell, lend or otherwise grant
the right to any person or organization outside of Life’s a Faire to use your submission without express
Bragging rights for an entire year and you get to eat the cake you baked! Prizes may be added at a later